Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why the hell should we be in Haiti, anyways?


I think this video explains a lot about why we should be there.  The reward is America once again claiming a role in the world as a nation to be looked up to.  America does care, and the whole world knows it.  And listen to the Haitian crowd chant "USA, USA, USA" as this team pulls a survivor out of a collapsed building.  This alone is worth more than 100 cynical PR guys spinning stories.  This is real, and this is what being "Americans" is all about.

I have my problems with this administration.  I believe that Obama is wrong in many areas.  However, on this issue, I fully support his efforts, along with the efforts of former presidents Bush, Clinton, and Bush Sr, as well as all those who have gone to Haiti, either by deployment, or as civilian volunteers.  They are all pulling together, and doing the right thing, as Americans have always done.  America - You rock!! 

I don't know about anybody else, but, at this very moment, I am listening to God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood.  Who wants to join me in a celebration of who we are?

1 comment:

  1. Go into the "Search" function of this site and enter "Haiti".

    http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com

    ReplyDelete